Feb 18, 2008

Dear ?



Please grant me patience, and understanding when dealing with my ever so lovely miss Ava.

I know she looks innocent, but let me just tell you how our day went down yesterday.

Up at 6:30 to start work at 7 in the am.
Ava comes into my office around 0800, as I am on a call the only thing I hear is MOMMY, MOMMY,MOMMY, over and over. I try and give her the look,(like get out now before I)
Of course the customer on the phone just so happens to be a jetblue flight attendant and hears her, and replies, "oh yes, I almost forgot you guys get to work from home, how convenient, I guess you have to do what you got to do, right" ahhhhh, I wanted to scream, so I just replied, this normally would never happen, but I think my husband fell asleep.
Next I come up for my 15 minute break, just to hear mr, skinner yelling at her for KICKING D-Man in the STOMACH, hard.

a few hours later, I come up from work, start to make some lunch, look over and she has a METAL can going up and down the T.V screen. (yes, I freaked)
After lunch, I decided maybe she just needs some attention, so we went into her room, played polly pockets and barbies. Then she decided she wanted to color, so we went into the kitchen, was coloring all fine, and then she disappeared under the table. After a few seconds I realized she went under there with the SIZZORS. She CUT her hair. Luckily its not that noticeable, but if I didnt look when I did, oh boy.

Next, or after dinner, she slapped me.

Then as we were putting her to bed, she tried running out of the room, only to find mr. skinner at the door. He picked her up before she ran loose, so she began kicking and screaming, and poor Damon got in the line of fire and got kicked in the eye.

Of course I thought at the end of the night, it was just a bad day, only to wake up this morning to find her DRAWING on herself with PERMANENT MARKER. again, she is lucky is came off.

Now I ask, truely for more patience as mr. skinner goes back to work tomorrow, and I will be dealing with her all by myself.

sincerely,
mrs. skinner.

7 comments:

Tristan said...

Oh my dear friend Anita! You make me feel so much better about myself as a mother! I feel your pain!! Madelyn gets bored way too easy and does very similar things. The worse part is Katelyn is now crawling and teething and I'm going insane! So I am getting hit from both sides, and I just want to give up some days! But, trust me you are normal and a great mom! Hang in there!

Tristan said...

Hey something else, I was surfing through all my friends blogs as I do and I was reading my friend Katie's blog. She is a gal whom I have never met in person, just through blogging. But the woman is amazing! She will make you feel better about motherhood, because to me she is supermom! Go check out her blog!

http://alanosfamily.blogspot.com/

Becky said...

Hey Anita, it's your old neighbor, Becky Osmond. (I moved to CA a couple of months ago.) I just want to say AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh! I know how you feel. :)Good luck.

Karen P said...

Anita, . . . I am so with you. I about had a breakdown on Saturday (and then again Monday). Instead of running away, I decided to join the gym instead. I know none of us have any time to do something for ourselves . . . but, by golly, if I don't . . . I'm going to lose my mind.

Tara said...

Okay are you talking about Kenadee or Ava? Sounds EXACTLY like my four year old. How do we survive this? Kenadee has been so mean to Troy and I lately and she informs me every day that she can do whatever she wants. HELP!!!

Anita said...

We should all start a club called the Battered and bruised BY YOUR KIDS CLUB. ahahha.
Im glad to see its not just me. Thanks for the uplift, it must be this generation of GIRLS, or else we were all really bad for our moms and are now being punished. :) kidding. I JUST love her to death.
and Karen the gym really helps. Ive been working out lately and I sorta skimmed the last week and I could tell my patience wore thinner. Its crazy how something like that can effect you.
Tara we need to get the girls together again soon, maybe it will calm them down.
Tristan,your funny and I am sorry to hear your getting it from all ends, at least Damon is on his good side lately.
And Becky its good to hear from you. You need to add my email to your list.
anitaskinner@hotmail.com

Nikki said...

Your kids are GORGEOUS, and I've always thought so, even without the help of your talent for photography. I envy your photographic talent.