Jun 15, 2009

A DECADE.......

and counting,,(that sounds like forever....) Who knew Mr. Skinner would put up with me this long, but I am pretty tickled that he did.
He's pretty amazing.
This was never my plan...
my plan was to get married at 25, maybe have kids at 30(if any at all, trust me, I wasn't sure I was ever going to have any) live in the big city(New York), have some crazy life like you see in the movies.. Yeah, I was a day dreamer.
But... the first time I saw mr skinner, my head got all cloudy, I couldn't stop thinking about him, I couldn't breathe without him around. I wanted to be with him every waking moment, (and sleeping) He made me feel like nothing mattered, I loved that he didn't care about those other girls who tired to hit on him right in front of me, I loved that he got along with my family, I loved that he didn't care that my calves were bigger than his, I loved the way he always called me CHICA, and kissed me goodnight, I loved the way he made my stomach ache when he wasn't around, the way his hands ran on the side of my cheek when I was mad, I loved all the times he asked me to run away with him to Vegas so we could get married right away, I loved the way our bodies fit so perfectly together when we would fall asleep on his tiny blue couch, I especially loved it when he would play his guitar for me and his long beautiful hair would fall into his eyes, I loved his perfect cent and the way it would rub off on me, but what I love most is that 10 years later I still love all that about him and more, I love that he is the best dad around, one who loves to play barbies with his daughter and teaches her that she is most important, one who loves to play games with his son and shows him to be the best person he can be, one who understands that sometimes I just need a break, I love that he is who he is and doesn't care what others think, I love that he is always clear headed, and always makes sure his family is taken care of, I love the way still makes me laugh and smile, even when I dont want to talk to him, I love all his funny sayings, and crazy words he makes up, I love the way he looks when he comes home all dirty and grungy, I love the way he looks at me, and tells me how hot I still am, I love the way he teases me, and likes to make my heart stop, but the best is when I hear him say LOVE YOU.
the mr and i when we first meet, 12 years ago.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are so cute! And I love Ava's party pics, what a cute idea! All the girls looked so grown up! Do you think Noah will go for that for his bday party?!

The Grants said...

That pic is so cute!!! Congrats on the 10 years together!!

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

Congrats on 10 years!!

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Luana said...

You don't look too much different Anita, but Tim looks like a little punk! :-)