Apr 9, 2008

NOTHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY!


mr.skinner as he comes in the door.... "How was your day?"
GOOD.... I replied....
"What did you do today?
Oh, nothing, I replied....

"NOTHING, YOU DID NOTHING?"

Nothing out of the ordinary, I just...........

did 3 loads of laundry, folded 2 of those loads and hung up one, ran the dish washer 2 times,
swept the floor 5 times, mopped it twice, ran damon to school, because he missed the bus,
brushed three sets of teeth, bathed 3 bodies, dressed 2 of them, made 3 beds, vacuumed 5 rooms, cleaned two bathrooms, proofed 90 images, finished one wedding announcement,
read 3 children's books, played barbies twice, put ava in time out 3 times,
cooked 2 meals so far with one on the way, gave out 3 snacks, poured a gazillion cups of milk, yelled a million times, got one door slammed in my face, organized one play date,
received 100 kisses from ava, ( she was trying to make out with me again,don't ask)
cleaned out one sandbox, loaded kids in car too many times to count,drove to baseball practice,,
drove one to dance,ran to the grocery store and still forgot the main item, checked the mail, paid some bills and did I mention, I've had to pee........ since this morning.

I dont think he will be asking again....

6 comments:

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

So funny Anita! When you sit back and really think about what you do each day, its a TON! No wonder why we are drained when our husbands come home. They think its easy and they could do it. Ha!! Too funny though, I really dont know if I could make a list of all that I do during the day, buts its a great idea! Dont be surprised if I copy you and write it down on my blog in the future. Smiles

Amber said...

You are too funny! Isn't it crazy the amount of multi tasking we can do in one day, all while holding our pee and looking dang hot? We are a gift to this world I tell ya. Way to get everything done, they are luck to have you!

Luana said...

Wow Anita! I am so glad I no longer take care of children. When I say I did nothing today, I really mean I did.......NOTHING. You will be jealous when I tell you I have the luxury of spending my days sleeping whenever I want, watching tv, reading, shopping, playing on the computer, going for walks, and if I want a meal, I will go buy it if I don't feel like cooking. (And trust me, that happens alot). Just hang on, there is a rainbow at the end of the proverbial child raising tunnel. And just so you don't get the impression I am lazy, I do clean my house and keep it very nice, but with just two of us living here, it is a breeze. I also keep active in volunteer work, and church work. It's just that once your children are raised and gone, you get to really do all the things you had to put off until then. It is a wonderful stage of life, but don't rush it because those babies grow up way too fast and sometimes you yearn for those days to be back. Okay, now that I have written a whole chapter, I will zip it! :-)

Tristan said...

Ah...a day in the life of a mom! I am impressed though because you did way more than I ever do!

Jen Paris said...

LOVE this post! You are too funny...but we all know it's TRUE. :) Thanks for the laugh. Hopefully you were able to enjoy the warm weather this weekend...I hear it's not going to last. :(

Jen

Summer said...

that is so funny! You are awesome! i think I am going to steal that and put it on my blog! I hear ya girl there is no sitting around when you are a mom.