I am going nuts with all the clutter...... I dont usually do the whole new year resolutions, but this year is going to be my year of ORGANIZATION. I know its a little OCD... but I want everything to have it place.....=)I started in Damon's Room. Luckily he is all about it... Ava and Tim on the other hand, no so much. Damon has his New responsibilities/jobs in order to earn computer/games time and so he is good at keeping it cleaned and organized. Now I just need to find something to motivate Ava.
Other things on MIND....
Haircuts, and sleepovers.
I am getting ready to cut my hair again.... I am so nervous, but I think I am just going to go for it... I was also thinking of doing something with Ava's hair.... its just so straight and long... Any suggestions? I even thought for a split second of perming it, and then realized what a nut case I was being over it. It doesnt hold a curl for the life of me, and I just dont know what else to do?
Sleepovers? What is too young? and what are your thoughts on them? They have slept over at familys houses, but I am struggling a little bit with the whole friends sleepover? I am ok with letting Damon, but Ava I am scared and worried.. How do I allow one and not the other... How do I deprive them of something I had so much fun doing myself as a kid..
Thoughts Please?
11 comments:
I have always liked your hair short. I liked it when you were pregnant with Damon and it had the red streaks. What does Tim think?
As for sleepovers, here is my 2 cents, our girls aren't allowed. Period. It may be mean but you never know what can happen, especially with girls. I had fun at them too, but times are different now. Too many psychos.
Oh, and yeah for organization! You know how OCD I am about organizing and cleaning! I might try out the fly lady stuff this year.
I have never seen you with short hair, but I think you could pull it off. If you get done organizing your house PLEASE come do mine. As for the sleep over thing it is hard. I don't know what to say about that one. That is one of my favorite childhood memories. I guess you just have to use the "mom instinct" and go with that.
Rach, If Tim had his way my hair would never get cut... Did I not tell you his reaction on time when my hair was pulled back and some of my layers fell forward... It was classic, I wish I would have had a camera on is face... Also, what is the FLY LADY? havent heard, what am I missing.
And Thanks Tara, you are so nice. I dont know if you want me over though, Ava has been yelling at me to stop throwing stuff away(or should I say (DI bagging it) and as for the mom instinct thing I think you are right, you too Rachel. BOTH Points make the decision even harder.
I think when you are ready for a change ya just gotta go for it! I think you would look amazing with the right short cut. I am just wishing now that I still lived by you so I could be the one to cut it for you! ;) The sleepover thing I have not had to deal with yet. I know that I had to wait until I was like 8 before I was allowed to sleep over anywhere. I am thinking that may be a good age to start sleepovers with non-family. Just my opinion though.
Yay for organization! That is totally one of my goals this year. I have never been organized and its for sure time! Good luck, and if you have any ideas or suggestions on organizing...let us all know please!
Oh! One more thing...DO NOT perm Ava's hair! You will SOOO regret it! Try getting it trimmed every 6-8 weeks, and maybe try some soft, long layers in her hair. Also, use conditioner, and I would also use a leave-in conditioner. Its so dry there that it is so bad for your hair. Just make sure not to use too much so it doesn't weigh down her hair. Good luck!
The FlyLady has been my best friend for months now. I got her book first - Sink Reflections (only $10 off Amazon) - and now I subscribe to her daily emails. I recommend the book first because, ironically, her website is a bit of a clutter: http://flylady.net/pages/begin_babysteps.asp. Her system has helped me a lot. I'm sticking to a few of the basics for now and not overwhelming myself. But, she's got some great pointers.
Also - I read a book on organization that had some great tips, too. I'll have to track down the name . . .but, generally, I can sum up the best points for you if you're interested.
Can you tell that I struggle with organization (including cleaning and time management), too? Full-time job, a baby, a toddler, a life . . . all very busy :)
And - I haven't seen your hair short . . . but, beautiful faces like yours can handle any hair style. I've loved Katie Holmes' new hair, too. Although, I've seen it look like a stray cat when the stylists weren't involved. It scared me right out of the thought of cutting mine ;)
And - one random thought on sleepovers. I'm with Rachel . . . I'm afraid sleepovers won't be a big part (or part at all) of our lives. However, I've always said that I want to have the fun house that all our kids' friends want to come over to. I've heard from several families in our ward that have successfully raised several non-drinking, non-drug using, non-sex having, mission-going kids that one of their "secrets" was having a fun house where their kids and friends liked to hang out. Of course, I was discussing this with a friend and she mentioned a story of a family where the husband was falsely accused of some improper behavior when some girls were sleeping at the house . . . so, she said she will only allow girls to sleep over when her husband is not home (it reminds me of the new Primary rule where men aren't allowed to teach alone to cover all bases). Anyway . . . it's all too much to think about. Where are the simple days of doing each others hair and freezing bras?
I Love your blog. Your pictures are so cute. I think you would look great with short hair. When your done organizing Tara's come to my house next!
I just have to say THANK YOU ALL FOR THE COMMENTS.. You guys are great, and its helped out alot.
Ok, so I updated today...just for you!
Post a Comment