![]() |
| last Easter we got Damon the first book of the Wimpy kid series. so some history here... Damon has always hated reading, he is great reader, reads really well, but just flat out hates it. SO, when he got this book he would read a little bit here and there, but then he heard they were making a movie about it. that changed everything, so I made him a deal that if he finished the book, we would see the movie. well he did it. YAY!!! so for months he kept asking for the second book. being the procrastinator mom that I am it took me until Christmas to get it. He immediately started reading it over Christmas break.. by the second day back to school he was done with it. I was BLOWN away, so much that I didnt believe him. {nice mom, right} so I questioned him about it. haha. so he asked again, Please can I have the third book... how could I not run out and get it. he was reading and found something he liked. So about a week and a half later he comes home and says he was done and please go get the next one. WHAT!!!!! no way. I was dying, but back to the store I went. after that I told him to slow down. he was going to break the bank. he laughed. most times I found him coming off the school bus reading and flopping down on the chair{pictured above} it was awesome. luckily he got the 5th book for his birthday from one of his good friends. YAY!! He finished the series by the end of February. and the best part was when we went to parent teacher conference his teacher kept saying how great it was that Damon got so into these because he got almost the whole class reading it and loving it. I was pretty proud to say the least. and everyday he would pack all his books to school so that others could read them at school. it was so cute to see little bookmarks in each book with different names on them because they would take turns. now were searching for a new fun series. Any suggestions???? |
Mar 3, 2011
{wimpy kid}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Way to go Damon! That's great!! I have heard that there is a series called 'The 39 Clues Series' It's a learning- Mystery book that is suppose to be perfect for his age. Hopefully he can find another series he will like :)
Post a Comment