There are three types of apnea and Obstructive apnea is miss pretty condition.
basically enlarged tonsils and adenoids that block the airway,
especially while sleeping.
She has also suffered from non-
stop nose bleeds. all very common, and not fun.
the last few months she has been having more trouble staying asleep
she was struggling so hard to breathe at night, sometimes so hard it was scary.
a few nights the mr and I would lay there watching her chest cave in so hard, and then
she would stop breathing, and then...... a few seconds later she would grasp for air.
it really freaked us out. then morning would come and she was still so tired.
she was having a hard time concentrating, and she CRIED alot out of exhaustion
{ok and partly being a girl}
Dr's have been recommending these suckers come out for years, but mama
is slow and a huge procrastinator. Until now...
here is my pretty, all nervous and scared. isn't she adorable!!!
 |
after surgery.
before we got to see her, the Dr came out to tell us she was done. I was so freaked out at first. my heart stopped. none of the other dr's were coming out, it was always the nurses coming to the waiting room to get you. so when I saw Dr Ence {who is so AMAZING by the way} I was worried something had gone wrong, but he was so awesome and wanted to let us know everything went ok and that he was able to cauterize both nostrils. YAY for no more nose bleeds!!! |
 |
| so confused, poor girl. when she woke up she was like "where am I" . I wanted to cry, but i had to keep it together. she was so brave and strong. she cried for a few minutes because her tummy hurt, but fell right back to sleep. |
 |
| once she slept off most of the anesthesia she started eating, but unfortunately she couldn't keep anything down and kept throwing up, so we had to stay much longer than planned.{ they wont release you until you can keep down your pain meds,} luckily she slept for most of it........her recovery at home was pretty amazing.. the first few days she complained very little about pain, in fact most of the time I had to ask her if she had pain. I honestly believe the secret to her success was her humidifier. I noticed on the days she really hurt she didn't sleep in the room with the humidifier. and then days she played, she got exhausted quickly and feel asleep early. we had some nice relaxing days at home, but it sure made for a long 2 weeks... She is now doing so great!!! Ive seen a huge change in her reading, she doesn't wake up cranky,her pillow and clothing isnt covered in blood spots, her hair isn't a RATS nest from her tossing and turning all night, and best of all she talks about dreams shes had. I don't think shes had a full nights rest without interruption to have and remember her dreams. its amazing what a little surgery will do. and BONUS... no more snoring... oh and did I mention, her voice changed, haha, at first if I wasn't looking at her I wouldn't have known it was her. there were a few times I asked who was here because I thought it was someone else, weird, but still so adorable. |
2 comments:
That sad picture of Ava makes me want to cry! I'm glad everything went smoothly!
Glad that everything went well and she recovered pretty quickly! So nice to have her be able to sleep now.. I'm sure its been a relief!
Post a Comment