| I may shed a tear or two blogging this post. ... let me explain, Little Miss has been dancing since she was three. yes I know this is normal, but when I put her in dance and she loved it I was SO SO beyond thrilled. If I was going to have a girl she was going to be a ballerina. well two years into she wanted nothing to do with Ballet and only wanted to do Jazz and Hip hop. Thats when company came in and she started competing. She loved it, wanted to do it all the time. I was happy. Then things changed at her studio. I wasnt happy and we moved. I then decided to let her try out her ever so need for hip hop and pulled her out of ballet. SHE FELL IN LOVE, all she wanted was hip hop all the time. I thought, well ok, at least she is still dancing. THEN her so called new studio sucked royal butt and I moved her again. She still loved it and especially loved her teacher. fast forward..... I decided at the end of the year she could try out for hip hop company, she made the team, but she wasnt that thrilled about it. I didnt understand, then she informed me she wanted to try gymnastics too AND still play soccer. Me thinking to my self no way is she doing all three {dance company, gym and soccer} I made her pick two thinking FOR SURE she would say dance and soccer, BUT NO, she picked gymnastics and soccer. being the mom that gets what she wants I tried to tell her to think about it over the weekend and then give me her decision. Sunday came and on her own she said she was still ok with her decision. I still tried to change her mind and told her since Monday was a holiday she still think about it and tell me then, haha. No such luck, she still stuck with her decision. SO here we are taking a break from dance for a year, maybe more who knows, and Im sad. she is super excited to start gymnastics and keep with her soccer. I thought about doing all three, but with DV still being on a competitive team its just to much for me. Ill just say YAY to her for sticking with what she wants. Im still so so proud of her. |
4 comments:
She is such a good little dancer. Sad that she doesn't want to next year but good that she can make a decision. Kenadee can't decide what she wants to do and it's making me nuts! I have a feeling Ava will be good at whatever she does.
oh that is sad! She's so darn cute! I'm sure she'll be fantastic at WHATEVER she does, but I know how much fun you've had watching her (and how much fun she's had!) Hard to let these little kiddos grow up. :( But, you're right, she is happy doing what she wants. keep us posted! :)
I totally know how you feel Anita!!!! There's still time for our daughters to change their minds in a couple years and go back to dance, we can't give up hope!
Funny how independant they can be. KacieJean will be ending her gymnastics in August to start dance and soccer. SIGH
Post a Comment